Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Day Seven

On the Seventh Day of Christmas My Father Gave to Me....

...A new year with a new start!

Happy New Year, Everyone!!  

I love fresh starts.  I love fresh opportunities to redeem my time for God's glory.  I have been spending time this week working on having things in order for the start of the New Year.  Family finances and budget, Household organization, plans for a home Bible study that will be starting in the next few weeks.  Marvelous Mark and I have even been working on planning and preparing an area in our front yard for a cottage garden.  As I look over all this stuff and the work that must be done to keep the home stable and working effectively, I am comforted by the words of Christ in the Sermon on the Mount.  When I begin to get stressed over my ineffectiveness, or grow anxious about all the "stuff" in my life, I read these words again and find my peace and comfort.

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?  And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?  Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.  “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."  Matthew 6:25-34


May you be comforted as well.  May God's peace cover your hearts, your lives, and your home this coming year. 
                                              

No comments: