Monday, December 19, 2011

The Twenty-Four Days of Christmas: Day Sixteen

Party!

Day Sixteen brought an unexpected party.  It seems I am now a full-fledged volunteer with our local library!  This library is wonderful; it has all the benefits of a small-town library with all the advantages of being connected to the larger county system.  I will write more about that another time but for now, let's focus on the Christmas party  inventory time.  

I had not expected an invitation to this gathering; I didn't even know it was happening until the day before.  My favorite librarian called me Thursday afternoon and asked if I couldn't come and celebrate inventory with them.  So Friday morning I got up, baked a pan of brownies, and off I went.  We had a wonderful lunch, got acquainted with some terrific people who love to read almost as much as I do, had a little sing-along, and heard the annual poem written by the children's librarian.  Small towns are nice, aren't they?  Two of the volunteers are local pastors and no one was uncomfortable with the prayers that were offered during our time together.  I had some great conversations with a couple of the volunteers about why we celebrate Christmas.  

I suppose that after the first of the year I am going to have to be a little busier at the library!

And yes, there WAS some inventory work done.  Some.  ;>

No comments: