Monday, December 19, 2011

The Twenty-Four Days of Christmas: Day Seventeen

More Music, Please!

Day Seventeen was a great day!  I was invited to a recital that a friend of mine was performing in.  This was my friend who went with me to the Nutcracker; she is a VERY talented young lady.  She performed Silent Night and Beethoven's Fifth Symphony on the piano (first portion of the first movement).  It was so much fun to get to be there with her for this.  All the students were decked out in their Christmas finery and lots of carols were played.  Kudos to Scrollworks!  

The rest of the day was devoted to shopping.  That may seem like an excessive amount of time, but it takes me hours to prepare and shop!  You see, I have started.....couponing.  Yup, that's me.  The lady you hate to see in the line in front of you?  Sigh.  

I got most of my Christmas groceries taken care of.  Now I just have to get the cooking done.  Our Christmas Dinner menu will be Standing Rib Roast, Yorkshire Pudding, and assorted vegetables.

What are your family traditions for Christmas dinner?

No comments: