Friday, December 09, 2011

The Twenty-Four Days of Christmas: Day Eight

Christmas Movies

Do you have any must-see Christmas movies?
We have a few at our home.  The other day I watched the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.  I love that version, even though I'm sure many people would consider other versions to be better.  One of my favorite parts of the movie is the music.  I found out that the song that keeps running through the movie was written specifically for the movie ~ I always thought that it was a period piece!   The only place I can find the lyrics are on this forum here; scroll down and you will find all the verses which are worth reading. 

from CBD


I always enjoy the animated classics (these will make you laugh); A Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Rudolph.  And when I talk about that second one, I am NOT talking about the newer version.  

Marvelous Mark, who will tell you that he is not that crazy about movies, has to see The Christmas Story once during the month of December.  Then through the month of January he refers to the neighbor's dogs as Bumpus Dogs.

While I have never seen A Miracle On 34th Street from start to finish, I do enjoy It's A Wonderful Life.

A couple of years ago a friend sent us The Nativity Story for Christmas.  That has certainly been a good addition to our list of must-sees!

What are your faves?

No comments: