Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Twenty-Four Days of Christmas: Day Eighteen

The Fourth Sunday In Advent

Okay, yes, it is getting away from me a little bit!  Is it really just one more week until Christmas?!
What a blessing to have a day of rest each week.  When I remember to take time to rest.  When I don't, I wake up on Monday morning and wonder what in the world is my problem that I did not take time to rest on Sunday?!  

We had an especially good Sunday this week.  A restful, quiet morning and time to spend mentally and spiritually getting ready for the coming week.  I'm still working through the Bible to find those names and titles.  We got to spend the afternoon with my sister and her children and grandchildren.  The grandchildren told me all about the wedding they had been in the day before and all the things they had been doing since Day Nine.  It was fun to light the advent candles with our extended family.

We finished the day with our regular worship at The Church at Brook Hills.  We are so thankful to have this family to worship with and this pastor to lead us in worship.   Once again, we are working through the Gospel of Matthew and the sermons are available here.

It's getting closer!  Are you ready?

No comments: