Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Twenty-Four Days of Christmas: Day Twenty-Four

Lion of Judah
(with apologies to those who have read this before)
 
Lion of Judah, Lamb of God,
On this night the Creator of all things,
          seen and unseen,
Humbled Himself to be born,
          in a lowly condition,
And accepted for Himself a limited human body.
He who spoke the universe into existence
          Must learn to talk.
He who taught cheetahs and gazelles to run
          Must learn to walk.
He who fashioned whole galaxies with His hand
          Can barely grasp His mother's finger
          With His weak, tiny, human fist.
And He who abhors even the concept of evil,
          Must become my sin,
                    Suffer my guilt,
                              Bear my punishment
                                        For my redemption.
My praises, my worship, my exultation
          Will transcend even that of angels.
My songs will rise and spread to fill heaven.
          I am no longer captive!
This earth can not hold me, for
          This baby so tender,
                    This man of compassion,
                              My victorious Savior,
                                        My risen Lord,
                                                  Lion of Judah,
                                                            Lamb of God
 
                         Has made me His very own.

copyright Virginia Akin 2002
 
 
 
 
May the Lord bless you
And keep you
And give you the strength, courage, and grace
That you need each day
During this Christmas Season
And the coming year 
 

No comments: