This week please remember the following in your prayers:
- Jacob continues to heal from his knee surgeries this year. Please pray for complete healing. Pray too that he will be diligent in doing his part in the healing process.
- Luanne has been having problems with her eyes for several weeks now. The infection has cleared up but she is having trouble with her prescription. This intensifies the chronic headaches. Please pray for wisdom for the doctors and for grace for her.
- Donna's mother died this week. Donna is a Christian as was her mother. Please pray that God's people will support and comfort Donna during this time of grief.
- Faith resumes chemo next week.
- Nancy resumes chemo next week.
- Ken is an elderly gentleman who along with his wife is having significant health problems. Please pray that they and their children will be able to find a workable solution to providing necessary care for Ken and his wife.
- Please remember to pray for your Pastor this month. The next two months in the Pastor's home are a little crazy. It's a good crazy, but it is still crazy. Pray that in the middle of doing God's work at the church and in the community, he will remember that sometimes God's work is for him to rest! Pray that he will be able to balance work, rest, and family time. And be sure to let him know that you are praying for him and for his family.
In Genesis 16 we find the story of Hagar. Sarai becomes jealous of Hagar and casts her out of the camp. Hagar is wandering in the wilderness (that is not a trivial matter!), where Hagar encounters the Angel of the Lord and has a conversation with him.
At the end of verse 11 He proclaims that God is the One Who "Listens to your affliction"
Remember that this week. God will continue to Listen to your affliction.
May His peace fill your heart and home.