- Nancy's cancer came back and spread to her lungs. After months of chemotherapy, her scans are showing that the tumors are shrinking and dying in the middle.
- Our dear Roberta is safely home.
- My dear friends Mark, Susan and Rachel have been approved to work with Christ College in Taipei, Taiwan.
- My brother John has made terrific progress this year in healing.
- Mr. Marvelous and I have found a loving and welcoming family/church/community.
- Mother and I were able to travel to Seattle this fall to spend time with my middle sister and her family, and while there I got to meet Max, one of my "newer" nephews and a very welcome addition to the family.
- Andrew graduated with a Bachelor's degree from UGA.
- Ben graduated with a Bachelor's degree from Covenant College.
- Great-nephew #4, scheduled to make his appearance in April!
- And finally the huge blessing of Miles. We were afraid this summer that we were going to lose this precious treasure, and that if he did manage to survive his illness, the effects would be devastating. Miles is a running, laughing, playing, all-boy, miracle. And we are thankful for God's mercy in letting us keep him with us a little longer.
This week as we are all busy traveling and preparing for our family gatherings, my prayer for you is that the busy-ness of the week would not be a distraction from the week itself. It is not a matter of sitting with family and eating ourselves into a turkey/pumpkin pie-coma. Whether your year has seen miracles similar to what we have experienced or not, whether you are rejoicing in healings or mourning the death of a loved one, whether your table is filled with good things to eat and loving family around you or the meal is a peanut butter sandwich in solitude, God is good. He is worthy of all our thanks and gratitude.
And if you are facing a solitary peanut butter sandwich, give me a call. We'll find you a place at our table!
God's peace to your hearts and homes.