Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tartan Day South 2014

Why did Mr. Marvelous Jr schedule his vacation in South Carolina for last week?

For the annual Tartan Day South in Columbia, of course!

Palmetto Pipes and Drums and two other pipe bands were in attendance this year.  I'll be posting some video links once I can get Mr. Marvelous Jr. to help me with a few technicalities, but in the meantime, here are some of the sights of the day


Piper with Ceol Na Gael.  And her student.


 Jumanji!








Adam has a lot of flair with his drums



Have I mentioned that Jr. is 6'4"?  They LOVE tuning his bass drone.








A handsome piper, isn't he?!








Junior's first pipe instructor.  Believe it or not (and I still get tickled about this) his last name is Pieper!












Pipers don't do bumper stickers; they do pipe-case-stickers.

Stay tuned for videos...

No comments: