Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday

Good Friday.


But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(Romans 5:8 NASB)


 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
(I John 4:10 ESV)


And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.”
(John 12:32 NASB) 

 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
(II Corinthians 5:21 ESV) 
 

 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.  And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.
(Matthew 27:51 NASB)





I wanted a picture to post today to capture the visual of Good Friday.  I could not find one that did not have rays of light shining on the cross.  As I looked through what was available, I realized that as followers of Jesus, we seem to want to rush from the silence and darkness of Friday, the despair of Saturday and get right on over to the glory and the joy of Sunday.

My prayer for you today is that you will stop.  That you will allow yourself to experience the grief, the pain and the desperation of Friday.  I believe that if we will keep ourselves from rushing away from Friday then we will be able to more fully experience the joy, the glory and the wonder of what is coming. 

Be still today.  Meditate on the day.  Be reminded of what Jesus did for us.  Remember that it was done in order that the Father would be glorified.  Follow His example.  Seek God's glory in all of your life.  No matter the cost.






 

No comments: