Thursday, April 03, 2014

Project Update

The latest project was a blanket with a new direction.

One of my nieces got married last weekend, and I decided to make a blanket for the couple as a wedding gift.

I had to be very careful to make sure that it was a "grown-up" gift and not a baby gift, so I was careful with the colors that I chose.  The bride loves darker blues (the wedding colors were navy and silver/grey) and the groom loves purples.  I chose three different shades of darker blues and three different shades of purples and used a silvery grey for an intermediate color.

I decided to use the definition of love found in I Corinthians 13 and a couple of other places.  Instead of a blessing blanket or an ABC verses blanket, this would be a love blanket.

It starts in the middle along the top and goes back and forth along the top and down each side.













Going along the bottom, I put the names and wedding date in the center.  This time I capitalized her name with his color, and his name with her color (does that make a lick of sense to anyone other than me??)


Then going out from the center I put Ben's verses on his side 




and Cara's verses on her side.  



Did you ever think about the fact that these verses are commands to both husbands and wives?  When God tells a man to love his wife, He is telling the wife to be loveable (ouch!)  When He tells a wife to honor her husband, He is telling a man to be honorable!  So that's why I did those other two squares.

For the two bottom corners I chose "cornerstone" love verses to think about.



Finally I backed it a soft, light-weight, cotton flannel and this time instead of backing it to the edge and sewing a border, I fringed it (I was pretty excited about doing that).  I used a purple to try and tie all the different colors (including the ones in the LOVE frame) together.

Here's the final product:






And here is the happy Bride's happy Nana holding it up


Everyone should have a Nana this wonderful!

No comments: