Thursday, April 24, 2014

Holding On




Did you ever go for a walk with your Dad when you were a little child?  Many of my most precious memories are of taking walks with my Dad.  Getting to walk to church with Dad on Sunday mornings was an extra-special treat.  My little legs struggled to keep up with my 6'4" father, who always slowed his steps down for his children.  I never worried about stumbling and skinning my knees; Dad always kept hold of my hand.  The feel of my little hand being held in his strong grasp left me with a sense of safety, security and comfort.  I knew that nothing could hurt me because My Daddy was holding on to me!

Because of the gift of those memories, the description of God that I found in Isaiah 41:13 struck a chord.


For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the One who helps you"

He is the One who holds your right hand.  Remember that as you walk through today.  

It is not a matter of us holding on to Him; HE is holding on to us!


120606030435-father-daughter-h
Photo Illustration from Thinkstock


No comments: