Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Walkabout Wednesday. Wow.

Two years.

For two years I have been tracking my daily walking.  Granted, there was that one span of time where I gave up wearing the pedometer, but two years ago I started doing this.  I have been to Demopolis, Alabama. 

Photo from Rural South West Alabama
I have been to New Orleans and had beignets.

 

I walked to the Space Center in Houston, Texas.  

I have seen the Luecke Trees

I have visited Kermit, Texas (who could resist with a name like that?!).  I went to Alamagordo and went sledding in White Sands

I went to church in Mesa, Arizona and got to hear an old college buddy preach (and enjoyed it very much, Rowdy!). 

In a last-minute change of plans, I swung north and visited the Grand Canyon, Lake Mead, and the Hoover Dam.  

I have been to Joshua Tree National Park, Salvation Mountain and the Salton Sea.  I have looked at the stars from the Palomar Observatory

Two years (almost exactly) after starting, I am here. 

Photo from Raymond Shobe at Photostream/Wikimedia Commons
I did it!!  

Photo courtesy of Travis Rigel Lukas Hornung via Photostream and Wikimedia Commons


I made it to the Pacific Ocean and have even this month gotten to THE DROP OFF  (cue Finding Nemo music)

I have finished Phase I of the walk and have stepped off into the ocean to begin Phase II. 

I'll be walking on water for the next who-knows-how-many months.  At the end of Phase II, I will be having a cup of tea (and Gardenias for Breakfast) with one of my favorite authors, Robin Jones Gunn. 

Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

No comments: