Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Walkabout. Arizona At Last!

The month of August brought my total to one thousand five hundred eighty-two point five seven miles since this journey started.  That's 1582.57 for you left-brain types.  I just like writing it out because it seems more significant somehow.

I am now in the state of Arizona about 100 miles (less than one month at the current rate) from Mesa.  I'm looking forward to getting to Mesa; a college friend is pastoring a church there. 

I'm going to digress for a moment here.

I grew up in a Pastor's home.  Therefore my view of pastors is probably a bit different from some of you.  I know the hard times and struggles from inside the home.  I have a different understanding of the necessity of praying for pastors and their families.  God is clear in his Word about the responsibility a pastor has.  He is also clear about the responsibility His people have to these men.  One of the most important jobs His people have is to support these men and their families through prayer.  I have a few pastors I pray for regularly.  My Dad is one, of course.  My own pastor, my brother-in-law, my nephew are also included.  It is a privilege and an honor to be a part of the ministry these men have.  Occasionally God will bring someone in the ministry to mind and have me pray for them.  My brother Mark is one of my regulars.  I'm looking forward to "visiting" the church he serves.  I'm thankful for the ministry this congregation has, and I'm thankful that they post sermons on-line.  Isn't it wild that we can click on a link and listen to pastors around the world??

Greetings, Immanuel Presbyterian!  I'm looking forward to getting there soon!

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/photos-arizona/WelcomeToArizona.jpg
Photo in Public Domain

No comments: