Thursday, July 24, 2014

About Potatoes

It might have made me sad to look at our potato patch. 

Wilted...


dying, dried up stems.


It might have.  Except that I am married to Mr. Marvelous.  So I know that potato plants have to be wilted, dying and have dried up stems before you can harvest them.







Doesn't he grow pretty potatoes?!










One Saturday we got up early and got busy. 









He operates the complicated machinery....




















...and I work the buckets
































...while the overseer made sure we did not miss any.








One red bucket of russet potatoes for baking and scalloping, one red bucket of red potatoes for boiling and mashing, and one bucket of Yukon Gold potatoes for potato salad.

I hope that will get us through til winter when we harvest our late crop!


No comments: