Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Memories: (Almost) Twenty-Seven

It doesn't feel as though it has been twenty-seven years.

Most days I don't feel as though I have changed.  Most days!

Sometimes I sit and remember.

I remember the trips to Gatlinburg and the trips to the beach.

I remember the years when we could barely pay the insurance bills.

I remember the evening he held our new baby in his arms and told me that life was so much better with our son.

I remember the loss of his father, and a few years later of his mother.

I remember the time I had surgery; he took the week off and never left my hospital room.

I remember when I was so sick and he had to take care of going to work every day and then coming home to take care of me and the housework.

I remember all the Sundays of worship together.  The first Sunday we were married we went to a little church in Warner Robins together and it "just happened" to be communion Sunday.  I'll never forget that first time we celebrated communion together as a married couple.

I remember the times we have "put up" with each other's short-comings.  For the record, his list of shortcomings is much shorter than mine!

He is a handsome man.  He is a strong man in body and in faith because he relies on the strength of God.

He is my better half.

Happy (almost) anniversary, Mr. Marvelous. 

..in joy and in sorrow, in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part

  
I love you!        

No comments: