Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Houston Area: Space Center

I am fascinated with flight.  When I was a little girl one thing we would do for fun was go to the airport and watch the planes take off and land.  One of my favorite things about living in Warner Robins, Georgia, was being able to go to the Airforce Museum whenever I wanted.  They had an SR-71 Blackbird on static display, which happens to be the coolest plane ever made!

So if my trip did not include a trip to the Johnson Space Center, we were going to have a problem, Houston.

The Center has made some changes since 1986 (go figure!), but the important stuff is still there.

Come and walk through with me....

Picture by Global Jet from Flickr

Saturn V Rocket: Picture by Tim Pearce/Los Gatos from Flickr

Astronaut Training Center by Amanderson2 on Flickr

And finally, THE Mission Control!!  I kept expecting to see Gene Krantz.  Or at least Ed Harris!

Photo by Gruntzooki from Flickr

No comments: