Many of you have received the word that our great-nephew Miles was rushed to the hospital Monday morning for a prolonged seizure. It was a difficult time for all the family and I want to thank you for your prayers on our behalf. Miles has been a pretty sick young man. He was quite improved last night and we were anticipating that he could go home today. However, in the night the headaches, the vomiting and the fever spikes came back. Please continue to pray for healing. Pray especially that the doctors will be able to see what is going on. Pray too for his parents and grandparents, that even in their distress, they would be Light-bearers.
Other prayer needs this week include the following:
- Please pray for Meaghan's family. We still miss her a lot. Her death still hurts. A lot. We rejoice in her new Life and look forward to seeing her again, but we are still in the here and now.
- Several weeks ago I asked you to pray for little Ty, who was having his second open-heart surgery at not-quite three months old. Ty is doing remarkably well and your prayers are appreciated. Let's spend time this week thanking God for His mercy and healing in Ty's life. An update may be found here.
- Please keep the family of Police Lieutenant Charles Joseph Gliniewicz in your prayers as they mourn his murder. Let's also remember to keep all our police officers and their families in prayer this week. When you see them, let them know that they and their families are in your prayers. You might even ask them if there are specific needs about which you may pray.
- Nancy had chemo this week. Please pray for a quick recovery and return of her strength.
- My parents are flying to Utah this week to visit family. Please pray for their travels and pray for my Dad as he helps his Grandson with some special services at his church.
- Many of your churches are preparing for Homecoming services this month. Keep these services in your prayers. Let's specifically pray that it would be a time to glorify God and what HE has done in these churches, rather than what WE have done in these churches.
- Brenda is waiting to hear when her surgery will be. Please pray that the insurance process will proceed quickly and smoothly, pray for the surgeons, and pray that she will be a source of Light to everyone she meets in the hospital.
In reading this week I have made it all the way to the book of John's Revelation! I'm excited to be almost finishing this project. However I have to confess that every time I go back to the Old Testament, I discover Names and descriptions that I missed the first time through. Some project take a lifetime....!
In I Peter 2 I found a very familiar verse:
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
I Peter 2:9 ESV
There is so much packed into that verse; a description of who we are and what our purpose is. But what I am focusing on here is who God is and here we see that he is Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. That is a lot to think about this week. Meditate on the truth of that through today and this week. May that meditation redirect your heart and your focus onto Who God Is.
|The Symphony of Prayer|