Thursday, November 13, 2014

Christmas Village Part II

If you have been following for the past few days, you know that Nancy and I made a trip to Christmas Village in Birmingham last week.  I found a lot of new favorite vendors.  Today I want to show you some models from a woodworker.  I'm trying to be careful to not go overboard with my adjectives here.  It's hard.  He's that good and I am dazzled by his talent.

Chris and Judy work with mahogany.  That should tell you something right there.  The work that they turn out is beautiful.  The talent is admirable.  When I spoke with Chris to ask permission to take pictures he was happy for me to do so.


It's an impressive inventory


The smaller pieces are lovely.

I have a special love for the SR-71 Blackbird.  It's a little quirky and I can't exactly explain it, but I find this plane fascinating.  Mr. Marvelous Jr spent a LOT of time at the Air Museum in Warner Robins, Georgia from the time he was 6 months old.  I loved to take him out there to see the airplanes, partly because his Grandpa worked out there and partly because they had (among other things) an SR-71.  I just think it is cool.  

Look what Chris made



Beautiful, isn't it?

If you are interested in seeing what they have, you may contact via email.

Another of our favorite vendors is Suzanne Davis from VintageCraftSuzanne's website is listed as Under Construction, but you can contact her by the email link above. 









Christmas ornaments....








...unique Christmas ornaments (I love these)
...burlap bows...and in the background you can see her signature linens. 

I'm sorry I did not get more pictures of her linens and cards.  They are gorgeous!

Next week I'm going to show you two more of my all-time favorites. 

I hope you are getting some shopping ideas!





No comments: