Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The View From My Kitchen Window: November 19, 2013

Autumn in Alabama is a little later than in Northern Vermont.  The colors are just now reaching their peak.  The ground is filling up with last-year's tree fashions.  It seems that different years highlight different colors; sometimes red, sometimes orange, sometimes gold.  This has been a gold year.  As the light filters through in the early morning and late afternoon, I think about Isaiah 40:5

And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.





























I asked a wise person what kind of trees these yellow ones are.
He told me they are Beech Trees.


 






Beech Trees?  Are you kidding me?





No, I don't think so.   See how gold they are? 





And how everything else loses their leaves?




But these will keep their golden leaves until the new green ones come in the Spring.







Obviously these are not Beech trees.









 





They are Mallorn Trees!

No comments: