Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Memories: Wrap-Up

It was so much fun to be a part of the Boutique this past weekend.  It was a lot of work.  I was thankful that although Mr. Marvelous is "down in his back", Mr. Marvelous Jr. stepped up to help with the grunt work.

I had a "happy" goal and an "ecstatic" goal.  I cleared "happy" and got a good ways toward "ecstatic".

Before the Market started, my friend Beth told me about another market in two weeks at another church and asked me if I would be interested.  As hard as I have worked over the past several weeks, as much as the housework has gone undone, I told her I wasn't sure that I would.  After everything finished for the night she asked me again.  I looked at the inventory I had left and thought, "Oh, why not?  I've plenty of stuff ready to go!".  So if we can get our ducks in a row to reserve spots, you just might see us again in the near future.

Here's what my booth looked like:





The red awning gave things an interesting hue.  
And yes, that is my favorite rocker back there.

My friend Beth and her husband had the woodworking booth.  They keep a booth at the Leeds Antique Flea Mall, too.  GREAT stuff; she and her husband are very talented people!  Here's their facebook page.






I asked the lovely Natalia to stand in front of the swords so that you can see they are life-size.  It's fun watching little boys trotting around waving these swords!
 Need a bread-shaped cutting board?  How 'bout a pear?






Here's the cheese tray.










Beth's sister Marilyn and her husband share that booth in Leeds with Doug and Beth.  They make these bird houses.  We have laughed about people thinking they would go home and make their own.  You would not believe how hard it is to cut glass and ceramic without shattering it!  Mr. Marvelous went through about a dozen bottles or so (and several special cutting tools) before he gave up. 






I love the coffee urn in the back







I'm so impressed with their ability to look at an old cast-off piece of house-ware and see its potential!

I think this one is my favorite.  New use for old garden tools!

See you in a couple of weeks!

No comments: