Friday, July 05, 2013

Picnic Potato Salad

I have been going through a bunch of old magazines trying to pare down a little.  I tear out anything useful and compost the rest.  I found a few of the old Kraft Magazines with the recipes (and VERY outdated coupons) and pulled a few of the recipes to try.  One thing that was intriguing was a recipe for Barbecue Potato Salad.  I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but it is a winner.  Mr. Marvelous Sr. and Jr. both enjoyed it more than I thought they would.

Compliments of Kraft Foods (thanks, Mike!), here is the recipe.

BBQ Potato, Bacon & Corn Salad 
from Kraft Food & Family Magazine Summer 2006

1/3 c. Ranch Dressing (I make my own)
1/3 c. Barbecue Sauce ~ your favorite kind
2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2-3 pounds small red potatoes cooked and quartered (much better if you dig them out of your own yard!)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained, or 1/2 bag frozen corn thawed
1/2 c. sliced celery (I didn't have any and it was fine without)
1/2 c. chopped red peppers
1/2 c. chopped onions
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled

Mix dressing, sauce and mustard in large bowl.
Add remaining ingredients except bacon and mix lightly
Sprinkle bacon over top.  You may serve immediately or let it sit for a while first.
Makes about 12 1/2 cup servings


Enjoy!



No comments: