Saturday, November 22, 2008



It was a big day for us today. This afternoon Mark and I had the pleasure of meeting Miss Miriam Rebekah McNutt, Mia to family and friends. What a gorgeous young lady! She looks so much like her Mama's baby pictures, and quite a bit like big sister Makenna. However, as her Mama commented, for all that she is very much her own person. Mark and I made the trip to Demopolis late this morning. It is such a pretty drive to Demopolis from Birmingham. Doug was at the hospital when we got there, so we got to see him. Doug is celebrating No Shave November (see rickandbubba.com) and celebrating it quite well. He has an impressive beard at this point and his children are going to have great fun pulling it!
Kelly is an amazing woman (I seem to say that quite a lot, but truth is truth!). For a woman who had been in the hospital for the better part of 10 days trying not to have a baby and then had gotten quite ill just before the baby came, not to mention someone who had just gone through child-birth, she looks terrific. Shoot, Kelly looks terrific for someone who had just come out of a beauty parlor, what am I saying?
Mia. Oh, Mia! She is the tiniest baby I have ever held at a mere 5 pounds and down around 8 or 10 ounces. Kelly indulged me and let me hold her most of the time that I was there. She opened her eyes and looked me over a couple of times. Uncle Mark decided not to hold her this time for fear of breaking her (silly Uncle Mark!). Here are one or two pictures and trust me, there will be more! Isn't she gorgeous?!

Today I am still thankful for Mia and for Jeff being safely home. I am also thankful that when Mark and I decide to go visit family we are able to just hop in the car and go. We can afford gas to get there, we have a reliable car that will get us there, we have the freedom to move about, and my body can handle it. Whew. That's a lot to be thankful for, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN to the thankful part. I to
thought she looked like Makenna.