Thursday, November 27, 2008

Am I ready for Thanksgiving? I was asked that question the other day. Let's see; the turkey is in the oven. The jello salad is made (and half eaten ;>) in the refrigerator. The dressing is ready to go in the oven. There are two pies (pumpkin and pecan) sitting on the china cabinet. All that is left to do is make the potatoes and the gravy and set the table. I even have an extra pitcher of sweet tea made up. Mark and Dan and I are safe at home. Dan has the crud, but we have a warm home, lots of liquids and medicine to combat that. Mom and Dad are doing well. John has made some significant improvement this year and it looks like he will make even more next year. Diana is having a better year at school. Liz is almost finished with her master's degree (you rock, Liz!). Mia is safely here and she and Kelly are both healthy. Moses and Makenna are doing well and Doug is, too. Not to mention the fact that he is excelling in seminary (of course!). If you have read this in the past month you know that Jeff and Wyatt are safely home from Iraq and that I am VERY thankful for that. Fred and Nancy are doing well and Fred has just instituted a really neat (and pretty impressive) study at his church before starting a capital improvements project. Laura is happy in Europe. Aunt Janet, Uncle Doug, Uncle Robert and Aunt Emmi are all still with us and doing well. Those who are no longer with our family here on earth are waiting for us in heaven. Well; I could make this a VERY long post today, but the turkey wants to be basted. So to those of you who are not mentioned by name, I'm sorry and I love you very much and I am very thankful for you, too! My college girls, I'm proud of all four of you!
Praise God for the moment and don't waste time fretting over the what-ifs. May each one of you reading today be especially blessed.

No comments: