Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It is finally going to happen. The moment I have been waiting for is almost here. Today I get to go to my piano lesson! I am so excited about this. I'm thankful I have had some exercises to be working on while I wait; that has been fun (for me; I don't know how my neighbors feel about it!). Early this morning I also got to go up to the Rick And Bubba Studio and sit outside the window holding up silly signs. What fun!
Yesterday my blogging friend Ashley was blogging about a new nail polish she had found. I decided that the color she was describing was just what I have been trying to find. You can read about it here: http://sassygalglamour.com/2008/11/03/will-you-ever-be-able-to-stand-me/
Here is the story about my trying to get a bottle of the polish.

I went to Target to get some nail polish this evening. Got there and realized I didn't have the nice little piece of paper where I had written the nail color. So I called my sister on my cell and got the name from her. I had several items to get and when I got to the register the young man confided in me that this is his first day solo on the cash register. Unfortunately the cash register did not like my grapes but we finally got through that. Dan (my son) and I made our way to the car and he was unloading everything from the cart for me. We were almost through when he pointed to the seat of the cart and said, "Did you pay for that, Mom?" pointing to the nail polish. We looked at the receipt and OH MY GOODNESS, I'M A THIEF!!!!! So I rushed back inside to find someone to pay while Dan finished loading the rest of the hot loot....er....merchandise that had been paid for. The young girl at the cash register couldn't believe I came back to pay. I couldn't believe that 1. I forgot to take it out of the cart so I could pay for it and 2. The security system at the door didn't catch it. Yikes
So there you have it; confession is good for the soul. Now go vote!

Today's Thankful Thought:
Today I am thankful for the many men and women who are willing to lay down their lives, if necessary, to protect my freedom. May God bless our military and all those who serve us in law enforcement! Be sure to thank each of them you see today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with your blog updates. Loved the song, will
share with Robert.
You need to share your tassel pics.