Tuesday, November 11, 2008


After a busy few days Thursday and Friday and some running around on Saturday and church on Sunday, I crashed yesterday! I don't think I did much of anything productive all day....except cook supper for Marvelous Mark. It was good to rest and catch my breath; now I can jump back in and get busy.
Today was piano day again, and once again I had a wonderful lesson. I told my teacher before we started that this was the day when she would find out if she had over-estimated my ability. Last week she pointed out that I was playing Bach as if he were a romantic composer rather than baroque and showed me what I needed to do to fix that. It was funny how difficult that turned out to be; however, all is well! Today she was pleased with what I had worked on, so I am VERY happy myself. I'm even happier after she gave me my assignment for the week; TWO Chopin preludes!!
I'm sure my neighbors are equally happy that I will be varying my playing a little.

Tonight Nancy and I are going to a tea seminar at Miss Rosemarie's Tea Room. Tonight's talk is how to have a Christmas tea. Given that my last time Christmas tea was less than spectacular, this should be educational as well as fun.

Today I was thinking about the fact that it's veteran's day and realized that my family has had either a blood relative or someone quite near and dear to us in each major war since WWI. My Grandaddy Reed served in WWI until the flu side-lined him. My uncle Robert and Grandpa Clark served in WWII. Mark's father and our dear Mr. Ralph Jackson served in Korea. Mark's cousin Larry and Curt Wuestenburg served in Vietnam. Larry came home. Our pastor and many other we knew served in the first Iraq conflict, and now we have two nephews serving in Iraq. Welcome Home, Wyatt and Hurry Home, Jeff!! Thank you, Lord, for those who are willing to serve our country in this way!

No comments: