Thursday, November 06, 2008

I really like my piano teacher! What a nice lady. I think the two of us are going to communicate quite well together. I just hope she doesn't over-estimate my ability. I'm looking forward to working with her and I'm sure the boys and the neighbors are looking forward to an expanded repertoire.
Yesterday was a busy day. I got my ironing done and even (maybe) finally finished the battle with the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. That means (maybe) I can finally get an Alabama driver's license. I have been fighting this battle for several weeks now. It seems that the state of South Carolina suspended my driver's license 5 months after I moved from South Carolina to Georgia and got a Georgia driver's license. The reason? We had to change our car insurance from the South Carolina state-approved policy with the state-approved company to the Georgia state-approved policy with the (more economical) Georgia state-approved company. Then we had the audacity to NOT register our cars in South Carolina anymore! Apparently we were either supposed to get their permission to move, or continue to register our cars in South Carolina and Georgia simultaneously. Go figure! It has been interesting going through this process, because I keep remembering a Bible study lesson that I taught about showing grace to the world around us and using DMV as one of my examples. I remember telling the ladies that when the Apostle Paul wrote these words he did not know about the DMV....but he had met the Roman authorities! I'm pretty sure it was Ephesians 4, although it might have been Titus 3. Wow, I have wished my memory were a little more lacking throughout this process because I have not been a great example of peace and grace through all of this at all times.

Today I am thankful that Dan found a job and is able to go to work!

Ephesians 4:1-3 (NIV)
1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Titus 3:1-8 (NIV)
1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.


and finally (in conviction)
Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

No comments: