Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Twenty Four Days of Christmas Day Eighteen


Decorating.


I love Christmas trees.  If I thought I could get away with it, I would have a tree in every single room of the house.  I decided that this year I was going to have a second tree.  I just wanted a little one and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it.  I was thinking about going to the store and seeing if they had their trees discounted yet when Jack stepped in with a suggestion.


Jack took me for a little walk out on the side hill.  Guess what we found?


Isn't it lovely?!

Good thing I brought a shovel and a bucket.

I didn't want to cut it down; I wanted to try and save the root so that we can plant it in the front yard after Christmas.  Sort of like the old John Douglas Fir Tree (that's a family joke).

We managed to get the tree levered out of the ground with most of the root intact.


I hope.

Do you remember me telling you about saving all that dirt in the pots at the end of the summer? 



Now you see why we do that.

I had a few small ornaments to trim it


Then I got the wreath put up.
 
It's not fancy, but I like it.

So does Jack.

Indoors I got our manger scene fixed to my liking.  Old navy blue sheets are quite useful.


The wisemenman is still traveling from Switzerland


And one of my favorite ~ and quite important ~ decorations made it out to the piano:


It was quite a day, with this and baking.


I wore Mr. Marvelous' kitten out with all the activity.

 
Seems that Jack was a little tired too!

Now back to the baking....

No comments: