Wednesday, December 03, 2014

The Twenty-Four Days of Christmas Day Three

Due to unfortunate pedometer problems no miles were logged in November.  Sad.  I did a lot of walking this past month.  Hopefully I will have the situation fixed and can resume my ocean travels this month.

Christmas Books

I love books.  I love the feel of them, the smell of them, the sound of turning pages.  I love being able to open a book and suddenly finding myself in a different place and/or time.  I love meeting new characters and discovering their stories.  I love going back to old friends and visiting with them.  

My books shelves tend to be rather full.  Mr. Marvelous has several book cases for his collection of theology, gardening and home-improvement/handyman books.  My books shelves are more eclectic and have everything from Good-Night Moon to The Lord Of The Rings.  And everything in between.

In my basement under the staircase there is a special box.  This box has my Christmas books.  I put them away in January each year and then bring them back out in December.  Partly because I don't have enough room to keep them out year-round.  Bringing them out for a limited time somehow makes them a little more special.  These are treasures!

What is in my box?


Everything from the sublime to the silly....and a few things in between.

There are things that are missing; I keep loaning and giving away the really good stuff because it is so good that I want to share it.

Last week my sister in law called.  She loves Christmas as much as I do; her home is amazing at Christmas time.  
She had been going through her Christmas boxes and wondered if I would like to look through some of her books.

Oh yes, please!



She knows me well.

What are your favorite Christmas books?

No comments: