Thursday, May 02, 2013

Country Girl Couture

I have become a country girl.  And I am a little (!) old-fashioned.  Most days I am at the house taking care of things here.  A trip to town has become an event.  Since I find slacks and jeans uncomfortable what with the various medical accoutrements, I wear a skirt and blouse or a dress.  Since I have glaring-pasty-white legs, that means stockings.  And since I am a Southern Girl, I put on my small string of pearls that my dear Aunt Emmi gave me. 


Please don't tell me that these are fake.  In my mind they are pearls of great price.


A couple of Saturdays ago it was shopping day and off we went ~ a trip to town!  We had a blast, got the shopping done, and got home early, so I decided to do some Saturday chores.  You know, those things that have to be done every few months but somehow keep getting put off.  The one chore that had been hanging heavy over my head was the chicken house.


That's the "after" picture.  You don't want to know what the "before" looked like.  Trust me!

I went inside, took off my town clothes, put my "country clothes" back on, shoved my feet in my wellies, and got to work.  It wasn't a big deal, just raking it out and allowing Mr. Marvelous the privilege of toting the bin over to the compost pile.  


As I was walking back into the house I noticed my reflection in the door.  Oh my! 

What does a well-dressed Southern Lady wear to clean out the chicken house?









House dress.






Wellies.

 
  


 

And pearls.








No wonder the girls were so amused!

No comments: