Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Quick Look at the Bayous...

traveltips.usatoday.com






For those of you who are just joining us, a quick explanation.  My trip is a virtual trip.  In reality, I am still in Alabama.  I have not been to Texas since my brother's wedding almost 27 years ago, so I am dependent on the web to find my pictures.  All pictures featured here were found using Creative Commons and are available for use as long as I give credit.  That's why each picture has a caption with the place and the name, or pseudonym as the case may be.  I am impressed by the work of these photographers and am grateful for their generosity with their work!  So here are the pictures of my "trip" through the Lousiana Bayous.






Egret over Bayou: Alicia Lee 2007

Lowrider: JCWinkler




White Faced Ibis: Dan Pancamo 2011

Ancient Tree in Bayou: roycope219

Attwater's Prairie Chicken: USFWS

Beaver Dam In Cypress: finchlake2000 2011

Bayou Teche: jcwinkler

Bayou Home: Rennett Stowe

And finally, this one.  There's a story behind this one and why I have included it.  I'll tell you about it next time!


Washburn Tunnel Under the Houston Shipping Chanel

No comments: