In reading through II Peter the other day I came across a description of God that hit my heart.
For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,” we ourselves heard this very voice borne from heaven, for we were with him on the holy mountain. II Peter 1:17-18
A few things stuck with me on these verses. First of all the understanding that Peter is giving an eye-witness account of this. Can you imagine having been there to see Jesus being transfigured and to actually hear with your ears the very voice of God Himself??
Even more, the description that captured my heart is this: The Majestic Glory. Let that one soak in today.
Please keep the following in your prayers this week
- Katie is starting her very first week of teaching school. Please pray that all will go smoothly, that she will continue to be a reflection of Jesus to the children entrusted to her care, and pray for her Mama who misses her.
- Sarah started chemo yesterday. Please pray for her as she begins this process.
- Lisa is having problems with blood sugar that are severe enough to put her in the hospital. Please pray that the doctors can figure out what is going on and get it under control.
- David is traveling out of country this week. Please pray for him and for his wife and family who are waiting for his safe return home.
- Please pray for the family of Louisiana State Trooper Steven Vincent as they mourn his murder
- Tom is having surgery today
- Please continue to pray for our churches. Pray that we would be bold to proclaim the Truth of the Gospel, and mix that with the compassion of Jesus for the lost in the world. Pray that our focus will be on the Glory of God, rather than our own glory and the distractions of the "urgent" things around us.