Summer is winding down and in our region kids are getting ready to go back to school. Your prayers over the variety of Vacation Bible Schools have had an impact this summer. We will never really fully understand that impact until we get to heaven, but many children heard about and trusted in Jesus for the first time, others were spurred to growth, and parents were confronted with their own need for saving grace and growth. Thank you for your part in this work!
- As schools begin to start ~ whether public, private, or homeschool ~ pray for teachers and students. Pray that teachers and students will understand this to be their mission field. Pray that teachers will be diligent in their work and that students will understand the need for learning. Pray for friendships among students ~ we are all aware of how crucial these friendships can be! Pray for strength and energy for teachers and students alike. Pray for unity between teachers and parents. Pray that the transition from vacation time to school time will go well for families.
- Last year you prayed for Bill and his family during Bill's final illness and death. Please pray this week for Dana and the children as they get ready to go back to school and work. She has asked specifically that we pray for peace in the home and a smooth transition for them. Missing one's husband or Daddy doesn't go by some preset schedule. It does make these transitions much more challenging.
- Chemo continues for Nancy. Thank you for your continued prayers.
- Jim is having surgery this morning to try and find the source of a bone problem.
- Jane is in the hospital and is very ill. She trusts her Heavenly Father to carry her through this illness. Please pray that her strong faith will continue and that those who care for her will see Jesus in her.
- Please continue to pray for our country; terrorism, the genocide of infants, financial troubles and a dearth of leadership are only symptoms of a much larger spiritual problem.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
A wonderful reminder when the stuff of earth feels overwhelming!
His peace to your homes.