As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.
God is the one who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. Think about that the next time you are sitting on your porch watching the hummingbirds, or playing with the grandchildren, or listening to your child be excited about something. All of these things are enjoyable. All of these things are gifts from God. He is not skimpy in His provision but He richly provides us with everything to enjoy. Let that soak in this week.
Thank you for your prayers this week. Please remember these things
- Last week I asked you to pray for Jim. Thank you so much! His surgery went so much better than expected, the source of the pain was found, was able to be removed, and he is already doing much, much better.
- Thank you too for praying for Dana. Last week went well with working through some transitions as a single mother of 3 children. Please continue to pray for God's comfort as they continue to grieve the loss of Bill.
- Faith has improved enough to be able to restart chemo. Please pray for this precious little girl and her family as they get ready to endure this.
- Continue to pray for teachers and students as they return to the classroom.
- As the political debates start heating up, please pray for wisdom and direction and leadership for our country.
- Continue to pray for our brothers and sisters who live in areas of persecution. Pray that they will be faithful. Do you feel as though there is nothing you can do except pray for them? You are right! And prayer is everything!
- Pray this week for the heroes in our local police departments. Pray for their safety on the job and pray especially for spiritual protection for them. When you see them, let them know that you are praying for them and appreciate them. God will use that to strengthen and encourage them in their work.