Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
Thank you for your prayers. Here are some of the answers from the past week:
- Robert is safely home from his trip to California for Ted's funeral service. He was flying home on stand-by last night and when he got re-routed to Chicago there were 19 people ahead of him. He still got on that flight ~ which was supposed to be full! ~ and got home safely to his wife.
- My mother's appointment went fairly well; the doctor was knowledgeable AND compassionate. A rare mix these days!
- I am hearing some great results from those of you who are working in your churches' VBS. Thanks for your work and praise God for new life in these children!
- Nancy has scans tomorrow to see how the chemo is affecting the cancer. Please pray for peace as she waits for tomorrow to get here and pray over these scans with us.
- Please pray for Ashton's family. This young man died very unexpectedly and the funeral will be this weekend. He was a believer in Christ.
- Jane's niece died and her funeral will be tomorrow. She was also a believer.
- Pray for Penny and other young mothers who are in the daily struggle to raise their children in a very difficult world. Pray for perseverance and strength. Pray that they will love their children with a love that comes from God.
- Jacob is a little boy dealing with Tay-Sachs. Please pray that he will stabilize and be able to get out of the hospital and get home.
- Ty is 2 months old with serious heart problems. He has already had open heart surgery (at 9 days) and is facing more this week. Please pray for Ty, his parents, and everyone who will be participating in his care.
- Gypsy Rose is a physically frail young lady who experienced the murder of her mother and was subsequently abducted this week. Please hold her in your prayers.
- Continue to pray for churches who will be conducting VBS over the summer.
- Pray for the folks in your church who faithfully man the church office day in and day out. That is a more challenging and diverse job than you would realize unless you have been in the middle of it. Pray for grace and strength and wisdom.
- Pray for the spiritual health and growth of your pastors. There is never a point on this side of heaven where someone has finished growing!
Thank you for your faithful work and your obedience to God's word:
...be constant in prayer...