Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Oh That Jack!

Last week a friend and I took a road trip to Chattanooga.  We went to one of my all-time-best-ever places; McKay's Used Book Store.  Of course two women can not go on a road trip unchaperoned and since our husbands were working, Jack agreed to join us.  He strapped in and off we went.

He was impressed with all the books we found.


He was a bit disappointed that we did not find a copy of Gnomeo and Juliet.
I told him he could not see the movie until he read the original play.

After we left McKays' we drove through Chattanooga.  Beth said that she had never seen much more of the city than I-24 to I-75 as they passed through on their way to Knoxville, so we detoured and saw some of the sights.  We were bitterly disappointed that the Brach Candy store is no longer on the corner across from the Aquarium!

We drove up Lookout Mountain and looked at Covenant College.  I told Beth that before it was Covenant College, it was a fancy hotel where my Grandaddy and Granny spent their honeymoon.  

We drove along Lookout Mountain past the Hang-Glider place.  Jack really wanted to get out and take some pictures, but Beth has problems with heights so we drove on.  

Then we found Cloudland Canyon.  Oh, what a lovely place!



















 Jack liked the view

 
And the trees.

 


 
 He does love to play Hide and Seek but it's not as much fun when there are no squirrels or fairies hanging around.

So we went on back home.  I wonder where we should take Jack next?









No comments: