Tuesday, June 03, 2014

The View From My Kitchen Window: June 2, 2014

My dishwasher is on it's last few washes.  I don't want to pay for a new one, so I only use it to wash my jars before canning.  That means that everything else (and I do mean everything) gets washed in the sink by hand. 

It is not really a big deal to me to wash my dishes by hand.  Most of the time.

My mother used to do the same thing.  I remember how she would prop a hymn book in the kitchen window above the sink and sing her way through doing dishes.

Last Wednesday I was getting ready to wash dishes and remembered my Mom doing this.  Then I remembered that the pastor was teaching the book of Ephesians that evening at church.  I had wanted to re-read the book before going to church.  So I did this.

Thanks Mom!


We're moving on to Philippians this week. 

I'm looking forward to washing dishes this summer!

No comments: