Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday

One day I will find a new pedometer that works.  When that happens, I will get back to tracking my steps because I really, really, really want to walk all the way to New Zealand by way of Hawaii.  Until then Wednesdays will be about books and prayer.  Yes, that is a new idea I have.  I want to add some space on the blog for prayers.  I will put out a couple of things that I would ask you to pray over today, and you may add a couple of things that you would like for me to pray over today.  Sound like a good idea?  Good.  Here we go.

1.  Health needs
Please pray for my sister in law.  She will be having another biopsy today.  Pray for her, for her husband and daughters as they wait, and all the rest of her extended family.

Please continue to pray for Bill.  His situation is so complex that I am not going to try and explain it here; but this is the link to his Caring Page site.  Please pray for Bill, his wife, their little girls, and all his extended family.

2. Spiritual needs
Please pray for the families of this weeks' martyrs.  I am afraid that we try to shield ourselves sometimes from the reality of what the rest of the world is suffering.  These people are my brothers and sisters.  They are grieving and I imagine that there is fear in a lot of homes.  Pray that the eyes of Christians in less-persecuted areas would be opened to what is really happening.

"When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne.  They cried out with a loud voice, 'O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?'   Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been."  Revelation 6:9-11

3.  Thanksgiving
Let's thank God today for the community of believers that He gives each of us.  It may not be perfect, but it is a part of His perfect plan for His Kingdom.  Isn't it wonderful that we are able to worship, study, pray, and share with people who have become a part of our Spiritual family?

Thank you for working in prayer with me.  Please let us know how we may pray for you today.

God's peace to your homes.

http://gfccchurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Prayer-Fasting2.jpg

No comments: