Thank you again for your faithfulness in prayer. As we settle in to prayer today, be reminded of what God tells us through the Apostle Paul in his letter to the church in Philippi:
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7 NASB
As we thank God for the answers from last week, and pray over the needs of this week, remember to pray that these friends will let go of anxiety and rejoice in the assurance of God's love, provision, mercy and grace. Pray that their hearts will be invaded by God's peace.
- Jim and Mark are both making good progress in their recovery from surgery (this is not my Mr. Marvelous by the way, but a friend's Mr. Marvelous).
- Baby Ava is stable this week.
- My brother and his wife are recovering nicely from their recent illness.
- Please remember Benjamin and his family. A new job is requiring that they move to a new city. Pray for grace in the stress, for strength in their marriage, for a smooth transition for the children. Most of all, please pray that God will continue to be magnified in their lives.
- Elise is having a doctor's appointment today. Please pray that this last doctor will be able to give some answers to the difficulties she has been having lately. Pray that he will see and hear what God wants him to see and hear, and that God will give him the wisdom he needs to take care of this treasured child.
- Pat is having surgery next Tuesday.
- Nikki is a young mother struggling with complications of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Leslie had an abnormal pap test and will have to have surgery soon.
- Pray for those dealing with struggles at work. Pray for wisdom to know what God wants them to do, for the grace to reflect Him clearly to those around them, and for endurance. And remember when you walk into a place of business ~ whatever it might be ~ that you have the opportunity to help someone who is struggling, sometimes with just a genuine smile.
- Pray for those with family members who are not yet in God's family.
- Continue to pray for your pastor! Pray for rest and refreshment this week, pray for balance between home and church. Pray for his spiritual health. Pray for his family.