In reading I Corinthians 14 and 15 last week, I came across this verse:
But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or outsider enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all, the secrets of his heart are disclosed, and so, falling on his face, he will worship God and declare that God is really among you. I Corinthians 14:24-25
God is really among you. Let that percolate for a while. Say it aloud to yourself and emphasize different words each time. Then consider this; when people meet us, whether we are alone or with other believers, do they walk away declaring that God is really among us? May our focus be so entirely on God that others must confess that He is really among us.
For prayer this week please remember the following:
- Amanda's daughter has delivered her son. Mother and baby are doing well and Amanda seems to be delighting in her new season as Grandmama.
- Chris is in desperate need of a heart transplant. Please pray for him, his fiancee, his family and all those involved in his care.
- Jane is traveling in Israel this week. Please pray for her safety and for a soul-enriching, life-changing time for her.
- A young girl who lost her father a couple of years ago lost her mother this past week. Please pray that the family will peacefully settle the question of who will be caring for her. Pray for healing in the family and healing in this child's heart.
- Let's keep remembering Baby Ty and his family. His recovery seems to be going well; please pray that this would continue. Pray too for his salvation.
- Celia's husband is a new believer but she is still in the Mormon church. Please pray that she will come to believe that Jesus is the Only Son of the Living God and her only hope.
- Pray for the salvation of little Hannah and her parents.
- Felicia is a young widow in need of work to support her children. She is a joyful believer and we firmly believe that God has a special place for her to share His love with others.
- Approximately 150 years ago, Charles Spurgeon wrote his classic devotional book Morning and Evening. In the entry dated July 7 Morning, he states that he sets aside that one day of the year to beg people to pray for Ministers. Pray for Ministers, for Missionaries, for City Missionaries and for Bible Students. Would you set aside one day over the next seven to pray with diligence and intensity for God's Ministers?
God's peace to your homes.