Thursday, September 04, 2014

A Little Fun


 


Remember my fascination with Fairy Gardens?

It is enduring.  The last one I made was never quite exactly what I wanted it to be.

A few weeks ago I decided to try again.  So I did.

I went and visited my friend Lisa at the Green Up Garden Shop in Leeds.  If you are local and have not been there yet, you are missing out!  I told Lisa what I wanted to do.  I told her that moss was important.  I asked her about small plants that needed the same amount of water and sun as moss.  Oh I so wish I had talked to Lisa the last time I wanted to do this; she is brilliant.  Lisa helped me find two plants:
an asparagus fern

Photo courtesy of Flickr
and a Creeping Wire Vine

Photo courtesy of gardendirect.com
I came home and got busy.  And before you know it, I had not one but two Fairy Gardens!








One for a birthday gift




and one for the front porch!



FYI: I just figured out how to add a Social Media widget.  In honor of the DVD release of the movie Mom's Night Out, you may now share the blog on Pinterest.  And if you haven't seen the movie yet, it is a must-see.

1 comment:

dogquilter said...

Awesomeness!