Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Joys of September

It's time!  Once again we are enjoying the annual hummingbird migration.  This makes me so happy I want to go put on my Happy Hat and do the Dance of Joy.  Excuse me....

Pardon the old picture, but you get the idea
...OK, I'm back. 

This is one of our favorite events of the year.  Oddly enough we have neighbors living within just a few miles of us who don't seem to be on the migratory route.  My brother and his wife live within 15 minutes and faithfully refill their feeders, yet they don't experience this. 

We can stand right beside the feeders and will have as many as a dozen hummers at a time show up.  If you have never stood right between feeders during the migration you have missed the feel of a small breeze on your face as they fight, play and feed around the feeders. 

Mr. Marvelous got out with his trusty cell phone and played with his photo-editing and came up with this.


Pretty nifty, eh?

Happy September!


No comments: