Friday, August 30, 2013

Country Happenings

We had company last evening.



















But she flew away in a snit when we refused to let her have a chick.  It's not like I don't have one or two to spare, she thought!

I've started feeding the bees.  I was worried that they would not be able to find the sugar water so I put it near the water source. 






I needn't have worried!  I didn't try and take a picture of the underneath because it was so very full of feeding bees.  In 30 or so hours, they had gone through 2 quarts of syrup.  Hopefully this will get them through the winter.  I'm just glad I can get 25 pound bags of sugar for a reasonable deal at Sam's!

My Lilies are still blooming.







My sister-in-law gave me these when we moved into our home.










And I am still enchanted by the late summer evening light on our trees.





















No comments: