Tuesday, April 28, 2009

While I have a couple of loads of laundry to do today (even after yesterday's laundry marathon), I was going to skip and work on other things today. Then I remembered what my VERY wise Mama taught me. "If it is not raining today, do laundry and hang it out because tomorrow it might rain". So I'll get a couple of loads done and hung out this morning. The nice thing is that after yesterday (I lost count of how many loads but I'm pretty sure it was at least 10), a couple of loads is no big deal.

Mark and I have been talking about renting a pressure washer to get the outside of the house cleaned up. It has been looking pretty dingy and grungy and really needed to be spruced up some.

It's vinyl siding, so paint is not the answer (and given how much money and time it costs to paint that is a relief). We had decided to put off doing this; pressure washer rentals do cost and we have other things to spend money on right now. Last night Mark had the hose out watering his seven newly planted tomatoes


He decided on a whim to see what the hose would do to the front of the house. Have you ever heard the sound of a hose spraying down vinyl siding? That's the kind of sound that a Mama must investigate! So I stepped out to see what was going on and was asked to fetch the scrub brush. I got the brush, changed into sloppy shorts and t shirt and joined him. It was surprising how much grime came off with just some water and some elbow grease. The chore grew, Dan got called to get off the computer and come join the fun, the cats were in the window watching and trying to keep from getting wet (the windows were shut but cats don't really trust closed windows when there is water on the other side). After an hour, we were finished with the front and the porch decking and pleased at the difference that little bit of time, effort and fun made.


Today's work is the extra un-named room. Office? Sewing room? Craft room? Quiet room? Whichever it is, it needs a lot of organizing and unpacking! Pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noah said the porch does look much cleaner.