Saturday, April 18, 2009

Plans, plans, plans.
Last night when we got to the new home, our plan was to adjust a little, eat supper, and come home. We decided to spend today cleaning the new home. Cleaning is hard to do with no water and we found out while grilling supper that there is at the moment, no water to our new home. Apparently it got shut off a little early. So instead of cleaning, today was spent putting on new locks, putting up smoke, fire and CO2 detectors, mounting fire extinguishers, vacuuming and dusting. Unfortunately someone (ME) forgot that the cleaning rule is dust first, top down, then vacuum. So I'll do one room over again Monday. Oops! Mark and I spent some nice time on our quiet back porch (it feels like being in a tree house, Noah)after all that was finished. I took a few pictures, but I don't want to overwhelm you with too many at a time, so I'll try to space them out.

Here is the front of the house without a ladder standing there. The porch is quite big; one day I want to have a swing at one end, a couple of rockers in the middle, and a wicker rocking chair on the other end. The red in front are some beautiful azaleas that are still blooming for us.


This is the side yard on the left as you face the house. I keep telling Mark that we ARE decorating those trees in December. Right now the bushes are a little more visible than the trees. I think they are camellias. Anyone else?


And finally, these are at the front down by the road on the right hand side of the driveway. I'm hoping to find some violets, too, next spring.


Before I finish, I must apologize. I discovered today that the comments feature has not been working lately. I recently changed it and made it (I thought) a little easier and more user-friendly. Unfortunately, I changed it in the wrong direction and made it more complicated. I'm sorry, Nancy! It should be fixed now, so feel free to leave a note as we are going along.

No comments: