Thursday, April 16, 2009

Slow blogging week, crazy home week! So much is going on in our family this week and I will post more tomorrow about the BIG news. Last night Mark and Dan and I tried (really we did) to go to the Birmingham TEA party (Taxed Enough Already) with Rick and Bubba and Sean Hannity. It was such a crazy day that we did not leave the apartment until 7. The party started at 6. At 7 pm, traffic going to the park was backed up over 5 miles from the park. We detoured and finally got there at 8 (normally a 10 minute drive max!) but were unable to park closer than 3/4 mile from the gathering. That was a little too far for me to walk, so we had to head back home. We are glad that there are many people who share our concern about the poor stewardship of taxpayer money being exercised by politicians (and I have to say that most of the republicans are as bad about this as democrats).

On another note, I have finished my first Wee Care gown and the first two bonnets I have been given, turned them in (forgetting to take a picture to post, of course) and have two more gowns and another bonnet to be working on. I'll try hard to remember to take pictures of these. I am loving smocking!

Have a great evening and big, big news tomorrow.

No comments: