Another angel came and stood at the altar, holding a golden censer; and much incense was given to him, so that he might add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up before God out of the angel’s hand. Revelation 8:4-5 NASB
I love these verses. I find this imagery of our prayers so beautiful. My prayer for you today is that you remember that even when there is nothing else that you can do, you can pray. Never underestimate the power and the importance of that work!
There are many heavy needs this week.
- Baby Ace ~ who has been on our list ~ has been diagnosed with a septal defect or "hole in his heart". Please pray for healing for this little treasure, for peace for his parents and family, and for great wisdom and compassion for his doctors.
- Jacob had an ATV wreck over the weekend and broke his leg quite badly. Please pray for his recovery. Pray also for his friend Thomas who was with him and broke his wrist.
- I have asked for prayers for Elise several times over the past few months. Please keep her in mind this week. Pray that the doctors would listen to Elise and her Mama, be wise in diagnosing her, and be compassionate toward her and her Mama. Please also pray for her little sister Charlotte who is having some health problems. Pray too for their other siblings while Mama is needing to particularly focus on these two.
- John (not my brother) has been diagnosed with cancer. Please pray boldly for healing.
- Pat had shoulder surgery this week. Please pray for complete recovery and for grace in the healing process.
- Pray for Lee, that God's goodness would be reflected in the middle of great trials.
- Continue to pray for those with children who are running away from the church.
- Chris received a heart transplant this week. It has been rocky in the hours since the surgery. Please pray for him. Pray too for the donor family.
- Pray for Gid and his brothers as they continue to struggle with serious illness.
- Pray for those who are fostering children. Pray for their physical, emotional and spiritual energy as they honor God in this service. And if you know someone who is in the middle of this, be Jesus' hands and feet for them this week. Take them a meal, go over and rock the baby while they catch up on their rest, be a shoulder for them to lean on.
- Pray for those who grieve the death of a family member. The missing and the hurt does not end on a time-table. Please pray this week especially for Dana and for Denise as they continue to grieve the death of their husbands.
- Pray for your Pastor. Pray for your Pastor. Pray for your Pastor. And pray for your Pastor's family!
- Pray especially this week for the individuals in your church with whom you do not seem to connect. Pray that God will soften your heart toward these folks. Pray that He would give you the gift of a loving heart toward these brothers and sisters. Pray that you would have a spirit of humility, and grace, and forgiveness, and love toward them. Pray for the same thing for them; it could be that you are difficult for them to love!
God's peace to your hearts and homes!