Thursday, August 07, 2014

It's That Time Again!

Yippee!!  It is August.  Do you know what that means? 

Well besides being hot and humid in Alabama.

It's time for The World's Longest Yard Sale!! 

This has become a tradition for Mr. Marvelous and I.  Every December when we sit down to go over the year and figure out what days he is going to request off for the upcoming year, we inevitably say to each other "Don't forget Yard Sale weekend in August!"

If you are unfamiliar with this event here is a link to the website explaining it.

If you have missed my previous posts about it they are here and here.  I thought I had been more consistent in writing about this but it looks like I was wrong.  Oopsie.

Mr. Marvelous has an appointment with the doctor first thing Friday morning and then we will head out and have fun.  There will be lots of pictures taken and posted.  It will be really hot.  He will have his Pepsi and I will have my Diet Mtn. Dew (I'm a real southern girl!).  We will find some wonderful bargains around Mentone and Fort Payne Alabama.  Every year we say we are going to go further than that.  This year we just might do it.  We will see quirky.  We will see bargains.  We will see over-priced.  We WILL stay within our modest budget.  We mostly just go to have fun.  We know our favorite spots on the way.  We will find ideas to try.  And on  the way home we just might find a Dairy Queen and have a dipped cone! 

It doesn't get much better than that.

The one thing I want to do this year is find someone who needs to know Jesus.  Someone to whom I may perhaps make an introduction.  Each year God puts people in my path who need prayer.  Each year I find a number of family members I did not know about.  This year I want to find someone who is ready to hear about Jesus.

I hope to have pictures on Monday but until then, here are a few from years gone by.


Apple Boxes and a copy of Dante's Divine Comedy.


My treasured rocking chair.  All wood. And comfy!

Someone actually sold me their old Lodge skillet.  People are crazy sometimes!

We LOVE our coffee pot!


This is no ordinary double-boiler; this is a SIX-CUP double-boiler!

These cake pans make the best Orange Marmalade Layer Cake!

Another crazy person actually wanted to get rid of a Calvin and Hobbes book.  Good grief!


Yes, I will be wearing my happy hat and doing the dance of joy.

No, I will not be wearing a woolen sweater.

That's all.

No comments: