Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Walkabout Wednesday: Finally!

After that little conniption fit last week over taxes, I sat down and totalled up my mileage for January and 3 weeks of February.  I should probably wait to count February but I don't want to lose my momentum.

The counted miles for January totalled 58.47.  That's a pathetic number.  It's frustrating because I wore my pedometer every single day that month.  I just forgot to stop at the end of the day (or even week) and write those little numbers down. 

So far for February, my total is  76.36.  That brings my year total to 134.83 and my overall total to 2073.87.  That's right, over two thousand miles!! 

I have made it past the Grand Canyon and all the way along the Colorado River to Lake Mead.  I'm walking along the Arizona/Nevada state line.  If you look at the map, you will discover that the line is in the middle of the water at this point.  I figure with the Pacific Ocean coming up it is probably a good idea to practice walking on water and get used to it!

I hope to be to the Hoover Dam early in March and then it is on to the coast from there with a few stops along the way. 

Next week: Pictures!

No comments: