Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday: A Blanket!

You may remember that I wrote about our little Judah back in November.  Judah is the fifth child of my nephew and his wife.  He gave us quite the scare when he got here.  God worked some very large miracles and Young Master Judah was HOME for Thanksgiving.

Judah's baby blanket needed to be different from others I have made.  I decided that Judah needed a Blessing Blanket.  What, you might ask, is a Blessing Blanket?  It's a blanket with verses of blessing and promises for Judah from different friends and family who have been praying for him.

Judah's Nana and Grandaddy started helping me contact folks in the extended family and before too long I had 26 folks who had sent in a verse (or two) (or six) to be included.  We had even had verses from Africa and South America.  His great-grandmother included a verse that was the favorite of his great-grandfather who had died in May.  Yeah, I got teary every time I worked on that one! 

I started working on this the week after Thanksgiving.  I hoped to be done by the end of the year.  Last year.  Oh well.  I finished the cross stitch part early last week.  To be perfectly honest I could have continued with embellishments until he graduated from college, but at some point you have to just say, "I'm done".

To those of you who contributed a verse for this, thank you, thank you, thank you!  I can not tell you how much it means to me to have been able to include so many folks in this.  It is my prayer that every time Judah and his parents see and touch this blanket, they feel surrounded by God's mercy and love, and that they understand that this is just a small representation of all the folks who have prayed over him and them.

Now for those of you who have been waiting to see the final pictures:



















































 



The middle has his full name, date and place of birth, and a picture of a lion.  Because this blog is public, I am not including a close-up of that information.  If you would like to see it, please feel free to contact me.

No comments: